Saturday, August 21, 2010

I Love You Some

My bedroom is grey.

The light filters through

blinds,

but the rays

lack sustenance.

Three of my five windows are open,

sitting tightly on the safety latches.

Gin Wigmore

wafts through the slight gaps.

During the chorus’ you join in

to whine along.

Don’t stop doing what you do.

Bacon suffers under your tuneless,

muteless humming.

And the white ute

Dave roars up the driveway in

can’t silence you.

Save me, why don’t you save me?

Sheets flutter in time with

the sweet ukulele

as you flick

the white around the room,

making the bed

for my absent brother.

You make a lady change her heartbeat.

Slammed doors

and John’s

clunking crutches

are blown out the window

with your fake morning kisses.

I’m flying so far away, that’s all I wanna do.

You’re voice is

too sharp

too loud

too high

too soft.

But anything is

better than grey.

No comments:

Post a Comment